Since yesterday was almost a total waste, with no work being completed, I've set myself up for a big day of studying. But first, Anne and I went to the farmer's market for some apples - taking the long route on up Payson avenue.
Payson avenue is tucked away along the south east corner of Inwood Hill park. A peaceful little street, lined with woods - and row houses with beautiful windows. If we had the means, we'd live there. The homes go for over a million dollars though and we'd be stretched a bit too thin if we went for that.
After the market, we made our way down Broadway and I introduced Anne to De Cafe - we had coffee and agreed Anne's father would enjoy his morning espresso there when he comes in next month. It's a great place. But I'm hopeful the small space will not limit their viability. It seems much of their business is centered around meals, but the interior is not large - the seating looks uncomfortable. The chairs have no backs. But, as Anne said, there are plenty of people who will want a quick bite to eat and won't mind. I hope she's right - the coffee is good and cheap. Would hate to see it fail.
Later today Anne has friends from Switzerland coming into town. They'll be with us until Tuesday. Ursula was an exchange student who stayed with Anne and family in Wisconsin during high school. They've remained close friends and have visited each other several times. Ursula married Philip. So Philip will be staying with us as well. Unfortunately I'll be studying or in a bad mood because I'm not studying during their stay. So, I figure I'll only be able to spend a limited time with them.
Okay, enough for this morning - must study. Really, get on with it!
April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment