April 25, 2008

De Cafe


I went on a little stroll this evening for pizza at Grandpa's - eh, it did the job. But $8 for a 2 slices and a drink? That's a little much. But, on my way back, I went into a new coffee shop called De Cafe. What a place. It's small, cozy, and a real-life coffee shop - something we're definitely missing here in Inwood. There is free wi-fi and they make their own mozzarella. The prices seemed reasonable and the kitchen, small as it is, seems to have quite a menu.

On my way back, I stopped into a local bodega on Dyckman and had a fruit smoothie - papaya, mango, strawberry, condensed milk, vanilla - Mmmm. $3 and well worth it. It rivals Noemi, the juice place next door, and is 2/3 the price.

While sipping the smoothie, I sat on a bench along the ring garden (which Anne and I just joined!) and spoke with Reynaldo. He's going to Taiwan this summer!!! He's going to teach English there for at least a year and try and pick up Mandarin. I'm so excited for him. And he couldn't be happier for me when I told him about my becoming a park ranger this summer.

For now, I'm off - going to relax a bit and try and do a bit of work. I've had a great, albeit unproductive day.

No comments: