June 5, 2006

While not sound too silly


While not sounding too silly, I find myself ever-increasingly aware of my aging self. For instance, my hands, one of which is pictured above. They're not particularly 'old' looking, however they're not as fit or tight as they once were and I could see the beginnings of wrinkles on them. I'm fully aware of the naturalness behind the process of aging, but it seems to have taken me by storm over the past few years. Anne has found many grey hairs lingering about my firmly, (much to the chagrin of 3/4 of my high school friends), non-receding hair-line; I'm not able to play as hard as I once could in sports; my chest hair is expanding toward the sides of my belly (photo not avaiable); and my folks are almost able to order off of the senior citizen menu at Friendly's.

My aging self is also particularly noticeable in a city, like Boston, where the average age dips to 28 or so during the school semester. Everyone seems to have life-time memberships to Bally's and use them to boot!

All isn't bad, however. I'm looking forward to aging and aging well. That's my goal after all. My parents used to say that the mid-thirties were great years. I have around 8 years until then, but am preparing and hopefully preparing well. They blamed their love of the mid-thirties on a few things. Most telling was some semblance of financial security and stability. This would be nice, but owning a house by 35 is not looking too promising at the moment. They also say they were young enough to remain active, yet had the experience to choose their activities well and with due caution.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»