June 5, 2006

Amazon addict

I've scoured my room looking for anything and everything to sell on Amazon.com and have made quite a little sum money so far.

A partial list of things sold over the past few months:

A Walk in the Woods, by Bill Bryson; Unicycle; PDA; Camera batter/charger (separately); Broken camera (unfortunately this was returned); Faith Rewarded - 2004; Boston Red Sox - DVD; Portable wireless PDA keyboard

All of these things were just collecting dust in my room and I've grossed roughly $400. Not too bad for a few trips to the post office.

This, of course, comes with a price: I'm also addicted to purchasing things on the web. This addiction is only tempered by my wont for all things EMS. But I've been good lately and started to increase my contribution to retirement - up to a whopping 15% of my pre-tax salary. Quite honestly, I don't even miss it - don't even realize it's not there anymore.

I've been reading a great blog about financial security/planning in your 20s/30s that has started to clue me into some great money saving and creating tips; most of which I didn't learn while in school or growing up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»