June 9, 2006

Got the transfer


So, yes, the powers that be granted me a transfer on down to the Brooklyn office. This is great news for Anne and I as we'll have some semblance of an income upon our move. Of course, this doesn't stop my wanting a change in careers - in fact it accelerates it. I'll be down there and will be able to 'hit the pavement' (as they say in the industry).

We'll see how that proves. I'm hopefull.

I'm also hopefull of reinvigorating my studying for the LSAT. I had studied for quite some time, preparing for the February '06 exam, but, in a timely manner, strained my neck the day or two beforehand and could barely move. Drat! So I must start again.

Tomorrow, Anne and I are headed down to NYC for Brian and Gina's wedding - a Sunday evening affair. We'll hopefully get to tour a few apartments while down there and again get a better sense of where we want to start out. Right now we're looking at Inwood and possibly Washington Heights on the upper upper upper west side of Manhattan. The commute to Anne's school would be around a 10 minute ride on the subway; mine would be considerably longer but, since I'll have a regular schedule and not have to be coming home late at night, it makes sense.

I just got an E-mail from the director from the Brooklyn office suggesting a move date of 7/21. This would give Anne and I a prospective move-in date of 8/3-10ish as she is coming back from Mexico around that time. We'll have to discuss it.

No comments: