June 28, 2006

Bob's Advice

Bob, my supervisor, thinks I should find another job. And soon. We were discussing my appraisal and he asked how much longer I saw myself at the Board. We'd discussed my dissatisfaction with the work for a couple of years now, but this is the first time that I was completely honest with him. I told him that I needed to get out and that I'm currently looking for work. He thought it a great idea and not to be discouraged by my feelings of being pigeon-holed into labor relations. I expressed my concern in leaving the Board when the agency will have just moved me down to Brooklyn. He said that I don't owe them anything and that he'd be a reference. Anyway, it feels good to come clean. Scrubb a dubb dubb.

In other news, I'm, weather permitting, headed out to a Red Sox game at Fenway in a few hours. Go SOX! I think they're playing the Mets - shows just how big of a fan I am.

No comments: