June 15, 2006

Amazon.com


So I've already confessed to being an Amazon.com junkie, but it's been getting more fun lately. Mostly because I'm making money. Not much money, but enough to keep me entertained. I picked up a bunch - around 20 - of 2004 Red Sox 'Faith Rewarded' dvds on the cheap ($2 a piece) a while ago and have been selling them for around $7+a few for shipping. I net around $8 a piece. But the other fun part comes in with the pricing war between me and other online stores. As a seller on Amazon, I'm able to see if I'm the lowest price or not and edit the price in real time. So, daily, I'm out priced by a penny or so; today, by more than a dollar. However, I checked the store's inventory and it only has 1 in stock. I'm not worried. I'm actually going to pick up some more dvds during lunch today. Hey, I've made around $100 so far with minimal time/work invested. It's fun.

No comments: