July 13, 2006

My new Baby


So this is my new baby. She's an Orbea-built Zeus with the following specs that I'm very excited about:

* 9spd chorus 2003 levers and rear der
* new cassette and chain (12-23)
* truvativ rouleur 175mm 52-39 crankset, isis drive
* chorus brakes, new pads, record carbon seatpost
* specialized avatar saddle (130mm)
* deda 215, shallow drop, 44cm ctc bars, deda solido 13cm 26.0 stem
* cateye computer
* cane creek 1 inch headset
* mavic cxp 33 laced 3x to daytona hubs (recently re-serviced)
* frame is columbus altec 2+ aluminum, size 57cm ctc, 56cm top tube

I purchased it used from a local racer here in Boston, Gustavo. I have been wont for ideas on how to keep physically active when we move to NYC. (By the way, we're moving tomorrow). So I thought, given that I love commuting to work by bike, why not get into cycling? There's a hefty biking commuity in NYC and I'm sure I can meet some at my level, whichever that level might be. TBD. I'll keep you posted on how I'm progressing. But for now, I'm just really excited about my new piece of art . . ., er, bike.

No comments: