November 19, 2005
Full on Sushi . . .
I left work 3 hours early yesterday to prepare for my sushi party - I also was feeling jumpy all day and leaving early fit well with calming a bit. I made my way, via commuter rail, to the Porter Square Exchange Japanese market - Kotobukia (sp?) and consulted the sushi chef there on how much fish to purchase. He suggested 1 &1/2 pounds for 12 people - .5 salmon, .5 tuna, .5 some sort of white fish. He was dead on. We were left, at the end of the evenging, with 1 quarter pound of the mystery white fish. I also purchased 30 pieces of nori, ginger, wasabi, chopsticks, rice vinegar, soy sauce and 12 cups/6lbs of short grain rice. We ended up using 8 cups worth. Then I went to Shaws and picked up avacados, carrots, cream cheese, cucumber and green tea. Those present: Myself, Anne, Brian, Audra & Brooks, Susan & Alan, Angela, Kristin, Dan & Rebecca, Luca & Michela, Oystein & Olga. We drank much wine and had a great time. Most of us has never rolled our own sushi, therefore Angela was the resident prefect. The whole project, foodwise, cost no more than $90. 12 people Full on Sushi for around $8 a piece. Not too shabby. If I had the materials, which I am the proud owner of now, the cost would have been around $6 a person. Not that I'm too fixed on the economy of it all, but it's quite impressive nevertheless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»
Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»
Post a Comment